LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Vivaty 3D Chat

Go down 
+5
Meribastet
Findescarrotte
isa
Fersen
alain
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
isa
+2000
+2000
isa

Number of posts : 7076
Registration date : 2005-04-19

Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 11:22

hello thyme nice to see your screens very thank you:)

because .............I also tested vivaty…. the problem my scene 3D blocks or stop and does not load any more… Sad(

i also found that it was complicated to set up much things has loader

i read your comments on your forum it's seems that is a good platform 3d good ! ...........

and i also problems with the viewer vivaty… I had thus did not see more my scenes wrl i have remove it …

here we have tryyyyyyy to test ....

Quote :
.........closed.forumactif.com/3d-gallery-f26/vivaty-..........

I mixed the 2 topics , isa .......

hope Thyme agree ...

alain

thank thyme
Back to top Go down
http://isaworld.free.fr/site/
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2005-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 12:37

Very Happy Hello Isa and Thyme,

I have set up a facebook account and added vivaty and all worked pretty well from the beginning...

Unlike ExitReality, the Vivaty viewer installation does not overwrite any default browser settings (anymore) ... at least it does not replace Blaxxun as default wrl viewer, may be it just registers as default viewer for x3d, dunno.

May be Isa's problems were due to Flux Player being still on her system.

The avatars are very impressive, yes, but they don't trigger gestures by chat-text ...

thumright Camera movements are acheived by right-click + mouse movement, and when you look up or down, the avt moves it's head in that direction and not the whole rigid body ... that are some good improvements, yes.

Does someone know if they will allow to upload own worlds?

Thank's for the info, Isa and Thyme Smile

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 14:55

peter le cochon wrote:

Unlike ExitReality, the Vivaty viewer installation does not overwrite any default browser settings (anymore) ... at least it does not replace Blaxxun as default wrl viewer, may be it just registers as default viewer for x3d, dunno.

Confused sorry, once more I was too fast saying such things. Actually the vivaty player did register as default wrl player...

I'm sorry.

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 15:04

peter le cochon wrote:

sorry, once more I was too fast saying such things. Actually the vivaty player did register as default wrl player...

Great, now I have to write un-install instruction for Vivaty and Flux Player because the $&*% plugins crash on half the content on my site, including the front page introduction world!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vrmlworlds.com
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 15:48

yesssss !!!!! same probs for me :!!

the scene stop to load at 80%

and I had to remove that fluxplayer/vivatyplayer by default !!

happy you like it , THyme , but I unistalled all !!!

I want my blaxxun chat !!! *****cries*****

Rolling Eyes

ps :: and I dont want to be on facebook to go in 3D ,

why not on mappy.com or sarkoland.pasnet ?? !!

pffff shhhhhhhhhhh

stupid marketing
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 16:23

Confused Hi fab,

Lol, I wonder if Toni Parisi did finally make some wealth out of Fluxx ... I wish he did.

It's amazing how many 3D chats are being launched these days ... What a Face ... and even more amazing, how much they are relying on "old" (known) stuff ... BS Contact, Flux Player ... and supporting (in a way) open standards, eg. vrml or/and x3d.

It must be good if they use those standards, they are keeping them alive.

What the fuck ?!? Unfortunately, it seems they (Exit and Vivaty) are repeating or inheriting some old mistakes : registering as default player for open standards, without asking, is one of those mistakes.

The only viewer I remember asking if it should register as default vrml viewer for vrml/x3d was Cortona.

Quicktime behaves in a rather honest way, compared to the "new" vrml/x3d-viewers.

I was happy to find out that the ExitReality viewer and Blaxxun had each one it's own classid - unlike BS and Blaxx sharing the same - and thaught that I would be able to decide which one of both viewers I want to embedd into a web page or application ... but : nods! ... I can't force MSIE to use the Exit-viewer by using it's classid inside the object tag, as I was able to force Blaxxun or BS (not discriminating any of both). I have not tryed out for Vivaty yet.

Anyway, the classid solution would require to embedd the viewer somwhere (application or web-document) and before, it would need to perform a plugin check (the NIST guys have got a lot of work to be done now, lol) ...

Stormy times ...

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Jul - 16:45

peter le cochon wrote:

Anyway, the classid solution would require to embedd the viewer somwhere (application or web-document) and before, it would need to perform a plugin check (the NIST guys have got a lot of work to be done now, lol) ...

Yeah got the plugin detector, its useless because:
1) IE security patch blocks object tags, so I had to use embed/iframe
2) Flux sets itself as the default vrml plugin, but still leaves contact/cortona as enabled. Hence you can't really detect flux properly, and it always shows contact when flux has taken over (for example). To add I tested and the NIST tester has the same problem.

To cap it all off I can't just detect if its flux in the vrml, due to:
1) The nonstandard values it uses for Browser.getName and Browser.getVersion.
2) all but the last few flux/vizx3d don't implement Browser.loadUrl so no way to load say a html page with un-install instructions.

All in all I say Flux can go F%*^ itself.
Back to top Go down
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2005-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Jul - 4:32

The thing I fail to understand, is that although these interfaces are touted as 'NEW' these are NOT new ideas. Everyone seems to be chasing each other around to copy ideas and come up with a killer app. Do we really need a bunch of SL clones to belong to? Kaneva, Twinity, etc all tout new ideas, but what is presented is "more of the same", and it is requiring more and more power out of the users PC to run. I like the Viavity and ExitReality platforms merely because they at least show that VRML/X3D is not a completely dead idea. But, the truth is, nothing really new here either. IMVU has had the Myspace/3D Chat idea running for quite awhile. Kaneva tries to approach this idea but with a HUGE download and lots of bandwidth to run. Now they are going to chase Facebook and do more of the same. Maybe somewhere down the road it will all settle down and then something really interesting will happen. Don't get me wrong, the new ideas are pretty cool, and it is nice to see some hope out there. But, really, yet another place to go and virtually dance with another avatar like in SL? Guess that's what people want. Dissappointing though. Guess better than going and parking in the Flea in 2D in CT.

BTW, I contacted the people at ExitReality through Association of Virtual Worlds and mentioned that it would be nice to be able to see where people were inworlds rather than having to add them to your 'buddy list' and a few other ideas and they said they were "good ideas" but so far, looks like they are still busy tweaking the browser.. I get the feeling that they are too busy trying to chase the money (Carl's JR, Hardees etc), and I don't blame them. Alot of effort and development sometimes needs money to make it work, nothing's really free. They don't seem really interested in talking to developers and builders at this point though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spafon.com/Welcome
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Jul - 15:23

yess , nice thinking , Omind ...

not sure if I will "answer" right , but I just repeat to these guys

we just want a 3D chat to show and share our 3D works , thats all , LOL
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul - 3:51

Vivaty is probably the worst thing that could happen to vrml at the moment.

There are enough issues with getting vrml working in Vista, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc. To then have a very bug ridden vrml/x3d browser waltz in with $5m and install millions of copies of itself onto unsuspecting computer users around the world is a disaster in the making.

While Vivaty looks nice that pretty shell of avatars and worlds hides a big problem, that of serious vrml script bugs that cause crashes. Case in point, install it and go to my website http://www.vrmlworlds.com/ and try playing some of the games. Until Vivaty works with 100% of the content on my site I have little choice but to sabotage it, and get visitors to install something else.
Back to top Go down
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

PostSubject: :-)   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul - 22:16

You are correct on that one Fabricator. It also takes some real power to run it. Not everyone has a dual core machine yet and a gig of ram. I tried it on my work machine (AMD 3000+ 64bit w/512 of ram and was laggy. Minimum is stated as a gig for XP and 2 gig for Vista, if I'm not mistaken. It is nice looking but I am not sure I like the idea of all these imbedded interfaces. I had hoped (and still hope) the there is more possibilities with ExitReality.

BTW, Google has now weighed in with 'Google Lively'. Wonder where this is all going to lead?
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul - 22:21

http://www.lively.com/thankyou

Quote :
chat with friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiensds

LOL

( thanx Omind for the news

I wonder where we will be able to stay quiet with(out) all these new friiiiends LOL
Back to top Go down
Meribastet
+200
+200

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jul - 0:43

Et encore un nouveau truc à télécharger.. vous avez essayé ? ca ne met pas la panique dans le reste cette fois ?
Back to top Go down
http://meribastet.free.fr
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Jul - 14:52

Meribastet wrote:
Et encore un nouveau truc à télécharger.. vous avez essayé ? ca ne met pas la panique dans le reste cette fois ?

LOL , we test one new stuff each day , Meri Smile

https://closed.forumactif.com/3d-faq-and-news-f39/lively-t2298.htm
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jul - 12:03

The world on the front page of my site.
http://www.vrmlworlds.com/worlds/entry/sceneload.wrl

But load it in flux and you get this:
Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 Vivaty_crash01
(red text added by me in PSP)

And look at all the fun people are having with it.
http://getsatisfaction.com/vivaty/topics/vivaty_crashes_ie7_as_soon_as_it_starts_to_load_the_scene?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=widget_vivaty

Hahaha.

I found some scenes it just shows a black screen and no errors, funny I thought it supported h-anim.

Last edited by fabricator on Sat 12 Jul - 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jul - 12:07

fabricator wrote:

And look at all the fun people are having with it.
http://getsatisfaction.com/vivaty/topics/vivaty_crashes_ie7_as_soon_as_it_starts_to_load_the_scene?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=widget_vivaty

Hahaha.

LOL Smile)

I will send them the beginnig of this topic , when isa etc tried it , Smile
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jul - 12:33

Confused Ooops, Fab, I see you're running on Vista. How that?

I did not experience any trouble with Vivaty yet but ExitReality crashes my MSIE on every shutdown, triggering the "search for a solution" thing and restarting MSIE ... which I had closed seconds before, lol.

One of Vista's odd behaviours.

One question about Vivaty :

Did anyone find a way for having Vivaty on fullscreen? That tiny embedded viewer isn't very appealing.

And how about Exit ... is there a way to hide the panels of the right side? I've got the feeling that they are covering the scene each day with more trash, now I've got some sort of new navigation bar there on top.

And last not least: I have not been able to meet anyone neither in Vivaty nor in ExitReality ... am I doing something wrong?

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Jul - 12:37

peter le cochon wrote:

I have not been able to meet anyone neither in Vivaty nor in ExitReality ... am I doing something wrong?

Peter pig

I guess they know your own chat , so they are ashame to meet such a master Smile

dont answer that , LOL , but take a look at your mp , Peter Smile
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jul - 12:19

Did some more testing of the Vivaty browser.

Quote :
ECMAScript compile warning: [Not yet implemented: for statement] at line 169
ECMAScript compile warning: [Not yet implemented: for statement] at line 215

They have to be joking right, for loops not implemented. What the fuck ?!?

I also found the cause of the crashes, it doesn't like one of my Proto constructs. Its possible to fix, but not a good sign. I haven't even looked at my vrml games yet, but I can expect critical protos for those not to work.
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Jul - 19:45

fabricator wrote:

... the last few flux/vizx3d don't implement Browser.loadUrl ...

fabricator wrote:

They have to be joking right, for loops not implemented. What the fuck ?!?

Whenever I hear someone (like for example Toni Parisi) saying how much more stuff we could do with X3D I get the feeling that I must be dumb ... reflexion

I have seen VRML generated by server script, VRML doing cross-domain scripting, VRML interacting with Windows Media Player and Flash, VRML games, VRML chats, complex VRML simulations ...

I have seen Hermetic-Cab firing his VRML cannons in Blaxxun and hitting my ship in Cortona ... I guess it was done with VRML and Perl.

I have seen VRML Viewers with extended and additional nodes, as Direct Draw an Open GL evolved to new features.

Could someone explain to me once more, why X3D is so much better and what Fluxx has contributed to make X3D the open standard we all want to use?

http://flux.typepad.com/ does not help.

Thanks in advance.

Peter, the angry pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Aug - 8:50

Quote :
July was a busy month at Vivaty. Between feature development and lots of conversations with our users on Facebook and AIM, we grabbed some time to play a round of laser tag.

New - Social Scenes!
You’ve been asking to meet more Vivaty users so we built Social Scenes for you! Just click on the Meet button at the bottom of your Vivaty Scene and you’ll get to the Social Scenes page. Then choose a scene, click Join and talk to people in Vivaty.

We’re starting with small groups but we are already planning larger themed scenes. What do you think of Social Scenes? What types of themes do you want next? What types of themes do you want next? Start a discussion or e-mail us at beta@vivaty.com with your ideas.

Come to our next Meetup!
We are planning another meet-up inside the Social Scenes so you can test-drive them with us. Here are the details, we hope you come and join the party!

When: Thursday, August 7th 1:00 PM PST
Who: Everyone with a Vivaty Scene is welcome!
Where: Social Scenes - Click the "Meet" button to join us.

Calling All 3D Content Creators!
We are excited to announce the launch of Vivaty Create, the pilot phase of our new developer program. Whether you create 3D designs in Max, Maya, Google Sketchup or anything else that exports to COLLADA, you can now submit your content to win prizes and get featured in Vivaty Scenes. Read more about submission guidelines and prizes at developer.vivaty.com

Firefox Support Coming Soon
We have had a lot of requests for Firefox support and it’s on its way! Luckily there is a workaround in the meantime. Read more about this plugin for Firefox here.

Other stuff coming up: more features to help you socialize and interact within Vivaty Scenes. We can’t say too much more than that now but stay tuned for more features very soon.
Back to top Go down
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

PostSubject: :-)   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Aug - 9:22

Apparently Flux Studio has become Vivaty Studio Also, read the submission rules for the contest, you are giving your content away (at least for the contest). We'll see how it all settles out.

Not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater yet.

This all makes me miss the outers more & more (except for the crashes, snerts, etc Very Happy Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Aug - 11:23

alain wrote:
Quote :

Calling All 3D Content Creators!
We are excited to announce the launch of Vivaty Create, the pilot phase of our new developer program. Whether you create 3D designs in Max, Maya, Google Sketchup or anything else that exports to COLLADA, you can now submit your content to win prizes and get featured in Vivaty Scenes. Read more about submission guidelines and prizes at developer.vivaty.com

http://developer.vivaty.com/rules.php#prizes
Quote :
Eligibility: The Contest is offered to legal residents of the 50 United States who are at least eighteen (18 ) years old at the time of entry and have Internet and telephone access.

Blah humbug!
Just as well its only US residents considering the first prize is a trip to visit their head office.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Sep - 17:36

news letter from Vivaty

Quote :
Submit scenes & objects and win!
Are you a 3D content developer that is interested in changing 3D as we know it on the web? Check out Vivaty Create, the pilot phase of our new developer program. Whether you use Max, Maya, Blender, Flux Studio, or anything else that exports to COLLADA or X3D, you can now submit your content to us and we may put it inside Vivaty Scenes. We’ll give the top creator $1,000 towards a trip to San Francisco to meet our team. More details at

http://developer.vivaty.com/

We want your feedback!
Since the Vivaty Create program revolves around you, we’d love to hear your feedback about the future of our platform: How do you want to submit content? How do you want a virtual economy to work? What types of content are most interesting to you? We’ve already heard from many creators in Second Life, IMVU, and many web 3D communities. Get your voice heard early! Take our short survey, read our forums, or send feedback to developers@vivaty.com.

What's Vivaty?
It may have been a while since you visited us, so here’s the quick scoop. After years of driving open standards in web 3D technology, we have now launched a consumer-facing web-based virtual world platform! Check out our new features in Facebook or AIM:

Embed YouTube videos and Flickr photos inside your scene
Customize your avatar with 200+ shirts, hairstyles and pants
Give a pet dog to all your friends on Facebook or AIM
Try our new beachside social scene, Eskape Cove
Try a dance move, we’ve got crumping, disco, 80s twirls, and more
See you in Vivaty!
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Sep - 22:40

Apparently the new Vivaty Studio doesn't export to vrml/x3d any more. Only to its own Vivaty format, so need to convert to another format first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivaty 3D Chat   Vivaty 3D Chat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vivaty 3D Chat
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next