LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
69.99 € 139.99 €
Voir le deal

Il Primo hall - World of Pjp

Go down 
+3
alain
isa
pjprijs
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pjprijs
1/20
pjprijs

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2005-08-30

Il Primo hall - World of Pjp Empty
PostSubject: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 30 Aug - 11:51

Visit the Il Primo hall
The VRML-only version, without 2d menu's
Il Primo city, the final project, in early stage development

Hi, I have always been interested in Virtual Reality, and 3D environments, so when I had a college at school, where the teacher showed me a VRML site, I wished I could build it. The course wasn't about VRML at all, it was just an environment in which Intelligent Agents could operate, so I had to learn VRML on my own. After that course, I began surfing the internet in search for information about VRML.
I read tutorials, and viewed other worlds, I was a member of Cybertown (when it was still free). I was looking around to see what I liked and disliked about other worlds. And I tried to use that points in my own world, to create an immersive 3D world.
A few bad things about or things I missed in many worlds I've seen are listed below:
- No shadows, the use of shadows makes worlds more realistic, I used predefined shadows on textures, and transparent IndexFaceSets (IFS) below objects
- No realistic textures, the textures should fit, and you should not see if it's tiled or not.
- No shared events, I used it on the doors, so when someone opens and waks through a door, other people can see that.
- And most important of all, the rendering and download speed of the world. Everything in my world (Except two small items) is hand-coded with VRMLPad. Almost every item makes use of a LOD node, and when an object is out of sight, the object will not be rendered, or when you are close to an object, the quality improves. So when you are in the swimmingpool, the rest of the world is not rendered, even so with the main area and the starting point. Small objects like paintings, plants, colums disappear when they are out of sight, which improves the rendering speed. Also all objects are made out of as few coordinates (as few polygones) as possible, my experience with high-poly models is that it slows down the world extremely. And when you use low-poly models, the download time improves. Another point which improves the rendering speed is that most of the IFSs are not solid, which means only one side of the IFS will be rendered.
Furthermore, the world doesn't use much lightsources, and many textures are used multiple times.

When anyone has suggestions to make the world better or faster, I would be glad to hear it!

And like google services, this world stays in Beta status Wink

Last edited by on Fri 2 Sep - 19:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://3d.ilprimo.nl
isa
+2000
+2000
isa

Number of posts : 7076
Registration date : 2005-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 30 Aug - 12:06

I am just t a Net surfer which visits the worlds,
thanks for making us and we can visit them , and to exchange your impressions , of the differents or various worlds on this forum Smile

flower
isa
Back to top Go down
http://isaworld.free.fr/site/
pjprijs
1/20
pjprijs

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 2 Sep - 10:38

So, end of the week, time for some creative things. I'm going to work on a subway which must connect my Il Primo hall to the ilprimo world. It's stille only an idea in my head (like most of the things LOL), but I think it is possible to create, maybe today, if I can find/make the right textures.
Furthermore, still working on the ilprimo world, developing houses, but I'm too demanding, I want too much Sad But well we'll see when the first houses appear...
Pjp

Last edited by on Fri 2 Sep - 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 2 Sep - 11:07

I hope you every success for that subway , Pjp ! and for all your work ...
Let me say that when isa said to me , on msn , "come on , pjp is in his world , I am talking with him " , well ..I was on the way to have a short journey in the Alpes , near Geneve ...
Now I am on the way to get 400 stupid pupils lol , and I begin this afternoon ..
So I had no time to write a lot here ...Sorry...
But ! I will Smile .... I saw you like speaking french , I am very happy that you find this forum nice ; we try , with isa and other friends , to keep it alive ..
These days , end of august , all was sleeping , I hope we will have ppl awake soon ...I hope ...
I will write about your world soon ,I mut prepar my courses a bit firt , lol ...
C u soon , Pjp , à bientôt , merci d'étre ici , as -tu appris le français à l'école ?
Je me permet de te tutoyer , je crois que tout le monde se tutoie sur Internet et sur blaxxun , lol
Back to top Go down
pjprijs
1/20
pjprijs

PostSubject: Subway station under development   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 2 Sep - 14:19

Well the subway is going fine, started working on it an hour ago, taking a lunchbreak now, so I will continue it later. The first version is here Subway station.
Be back soon, et oui, j'ai appris français à l'école. Mais pas plus de 2 ans.

Au revoir, Pjp
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 2 Sep - 14:33

Smile you seem a good fellow , pjp , I am very happy , I go now at school to have my first classes for 2005 2006 , will come back home to look at your world , it is always so great to find new friends Smile
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 2 Sep - 21:55

ahahahahahaahah ! I am at home and I looked at the station , it is wonderful to see how you like to build !!!
it makes ppl happy and gives energy to see artists and builders working ...
The station is not finish but you show it and it is very sure that you had pleasure to build it ..So we have too ...!!
vive le vrml ! Smile

I remember 2 worlds with stations , I will try to find the links for here lol , oki ? just to look at Smile
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySat 3 Sep - 11:12

In my (bad - lol - ) memory , I thought I saw a train in this
http://lamballe.net/lamballeVRML/lamballe.wrl
but it seems there is none , lol , just the station ...

And here , now the link is broken ....
http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~csc5460/task/prevWork/2001/NextStation/platform.wrl

I played with this train years ago , just to have that stupid joke , the subway underwater :
http://dumenieu.free.fr/vrml/train/train.wrl
So I stoled it a moment , just for the joke ....Indeed all these worlds from that honkong school were very good ...

A wellknowned train is Last train to Hell , a great one :

http://www.hiab-x.com/hadesline/hadesline.wrl

work well Pjp Smile
Back to top Go down
Realwtl
+1000
+1000
Realwtl

Number of posts : 1920

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySat 3 Sep - 11:32

Hello pjprijs Smile

It's difficult for me to speak english ok ? So I will be simple Smile

I saw your world 3 days ago Smile It's excellent !! Smile But I want to know; with what program did you create it ?
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySat 3 Sep - 21:03

ah ! Pjp ! I don't know if you are one of these guys who says "don't show my code , it is mine " ....
Of course they are allowed to thinkg like that , but everyone know how to go to look in cache how things are built , so I do , I like that , it is very interesting to see / or to show ( for instance to my pupils ) how things are built ....

Do you know a better way to show what is a LOD than to show this objetc , for instance :

...........cache\www.ilprimo.nl\city\vrml\entree\objecten.wrl

I was there , lol , visiting the world offline , and I found the message.html page ....
So I went to look at and I saw that jicer and Anastsia wrote messages .. ...

http://www.ilprimo.nl/city/html/messages.html

Ahahah jicer is a "crazy" man , I met him just from Internet , on blaxxun etc , and when I said "I go to Paris tomorrow " , he answered " come to my home , you could sleep there if you want " ahahaha !! what an artist !!!!
So I met him in real , he is wonderful , his wife too , and sons Smile

I hope you saw his Parking ,
Pjp , it is very good , isn'it ??
Jicer wrote about the post- its ,too ,lol , if I understand spanish a bit Smile ....

Well I like the post- its too , I like the doors how they reflected on the floor , I like some lights effects too from some windows , it is so hard to have lights effects in vrml ...

Well I am late to write about your work , Pjp , let me just ask someting , plz :
you know that nerdelands language is impossible to understand for frenchies like me , so I was on "your" site , but I wonder who you are there ?? The builder paid to build the world ?? a member in that team ? practising ski ??

and where they prasctise ski ?? I understand nothing ...sorry ?? when you will have an english version ? Smile
( or french one lolol Smile
Back to top Go down
pjprijs
1/20
pjprijs

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyMon 5 Sep - 21:37

I in a hurry, so I'll stay with english this time, sorry for the French speaking people among us Sad
Thank you Alain for your links, though I haven't visited them yet (just installed Linux, and have to reinstall WIndows on another partition, because Linux doesn't support Blaxxun Contact Sad).
And to Realwtl, I build everything, except the desk in the mainroom (the curved one), and the logo in one of the boxes next to the desk, in VRML-pad, I always want to have full control over my projects, so I write the source code in text-editors, or advanced text-editors (I do the same with HTML, Java, PHP etc).
Ohh and Alain, everyone may see my code, you have to start somewhere, and indeed it's a nice example of using the LOD node. All my VRML source code is available right here: Source code Il Primo
One note to this, the PHP files are rendering VRML files, so they don't work well without the right input, for example, weg.php (means road.php), will create a vrml file with a road in it, but the PHP looks in the Database, to find out where other roads are. The world is made out of a map, with squares that are (I think) 16x16 (in VRML size), Each place is defined in the database, as what kind of map-piece there is. So in the database is a table wich says: at 0,0 is a forrest, and at 1,0 is a road (these coordinates are multiplied with 16 in the PHP file). So when weg.php (road.php) is called, it looks in the database, to find out if there is a road north, east, south or west of it, and if there is, it draws a road to that point, if not, there will be no road in that direction. The advantages of this system are that you can make new roads, without figuring out in which direction the road has to connect, the computer will do it for you, and because the data is available from a database, you can make 3D AND 2D representations of your world, and both will be updated the same time you change something (Because one day, people will build their own houses there). You can view the 2D representation of this at: Il Primo city Which gives a representation of the world, where you can zoom, and there is a detailed map (detailkaart). The 3D representation you can find here: Il Primo world.
Really have to go now, have to play tennis Smile Ohh and Alain, I am a member of the ski-club, I am skiing and snowboarding there, and I made their website, and now I'm working on this 3D world, in which you can buy a house when you are a registred user and got enough money, only two problems, I haven build the VRML houses, and you do not get money yet. But when you're logged in, a button appears when you reload city.ilprimo.nl, ´Bouw een huis' (Build a home), when you choose that, a new window opens, in which you can choose the kind of house you want, in the next step, you'll have to choose a location (with the same color as in the title square), and after that you get the message that you haven't got enough money to build it (because you've got 0 credits). You can test all this, but you have to create a user account by clicking on ´aanmelden´ at the right-top of the site (next to login) When you fill out the fields, you'll get an email with your subscription, which you have to activate. If you want to try it, I can give you some credits manually when you're registred.
Ok now I WILL go, otherwise my tennis-partner will not be so happy...
Pjp

Last edited by on Tue 6 Sep - 0:47; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Realwtl
+1000
+1000
Realwtl

Number of posts : 1920

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyMon 5 Sep - 21:46

Ok ty for the informations Pjp Smile
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyMon 5 Sep - 21:52

Well , I will come back here ( it is long to read hein ? lol ) but for the moment I write that :

I would be happy to play tennis with you , Pjp , lol , in France or not , well ......we will speak about that too , lol , next time , ok ??? Smile

I am very happy that you seem happy to be here , I will try to manage to have the builders seeing that , I know that many are lost on Louise because we have 16 000 messsages ....Smile
But I am sure Peter will come more ( he is busy until october ) , X too , and hermetic etc ......
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 12:58

PUB !!!
( Alain's pub lol )

I opened a sort of artblog in autumn 2004...then I had to migrated in february ...
As it is said in the intro I play with
"..... the vrml'scomponents , I .... link on some pieces of contemporary art ,3 or 4 for each page here ."

I write a text each thursday ....since november 2004 ....
Here for the first time I was late , lol , I upload now the text around "FontStyle" , but indeed it is a sort of "joke" around post- its .....
Because isa and I like how you have yours there , Pjp , and jicer too ( and everyone I am sure , lol ) ...
pity that I can't write php ( for the moment ???? .......I tried months ago ,a bit , and got "hello world !" lol ) ...

well , here it is

http://alaindumenieu.tooblog.fr/?2005/09/06/55-fontstyle-post-it

- end of the PUB lol -
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 13:03

Pjp wrote:
Ohh and Alain, I am a member of the ski-club, I am skiing and snowboarding there

there ???????????????????????????, but where ????????????????????,
I can't find where it is , scuse ....

ski in Holland ????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
hermetic
10/20

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2005-05-14

PostSubject: builders always there ;)   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 14:57

hehe, shure Alain, they will come, guess most builders where already in that nice ski-hotel world and everyone is courious what it's all about! cyclops
Hey Pjp! Great work, I like the little garden in the middle most!

...Yup are there ski-places in netherlands?!? Bergen = mountains I think, but I also thought netherlands means low lands?

Ah Pjp, if you have some time, I could need a dutch pirate captns sounds for
piratez game (I'm working on a cgi-shared version). Dont want to make some so that not only
the french rule the seas? (hear Alain here: ) pirat
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alaindumenieu/louiseforum/wrl/feu2.html

What you are going to do with db-driven landscape is very interesting too.
CU in cyberspace!
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 17:10

tsssssssss bad bad , hermi , I was there incognito lol Smile
Back to top Go down
pjprijs
1/20
pjprijs

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 20:56

I'll have to install windows soon now, I'm missing a whole lot of fun here Sad
But Bergen means Mountains yes, but in this case, Bergen is just the name of the village where the ski-slope is (and it was called Bergen before the ski-slope was build). We haven't got mountains here in holland, and indeed Neder (Nether) means low in Dutch, but we do have ski-slopes, a few indoor with real snow, and many outdoor, most of the outdoor are garbage-belts, covered with plastic slopes, but the one in Bergen is build on a dune, because Bergen is a village at the coast of the North Sea.
So I hope that explains a bit of it.
And what is it with the Post-It notes? Don't know what you exactly meant or want, but if you want help on PHP, or to have your own PHP-whatever-it's-going-to-do-file, I'll be glad to help you, or to build it, I think PHP is the second best language I speak LOL.
And when I'm finished with testing and programming on Linux (which should be over in a month or less), I'll try to be an extravagant pirate (something like Mr. Depp in Pirates of the Caribean). But know I'm looking for extra time to do all the things I want to do, so I ám a little busy right now (haven't placed messages in other topics yet, but when I've got more spare time, I'll be more active around here Very Happy)
Bye for now! Pjp

Last edited by on Tue 6 Sep - 21:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyTue 6 Sep - 21:24

this man is wonderful , thanx isa , lol Smile
Back to top Go down
jicer
+1000
+1000
jicer

Number of posts : 1808
Registration date : 2005-07-10

PostSubject: jicer   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 9 Sep - 19:33

fo absolument que j aprenne un peu plus le php..
J adore les postit, je crois que je vais encore devoir me depasser pour
avoir un systeme aussi classe sur mon parking.
bravo bravo bravo, pour les postits ....vraiment essentiel pour nous..
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 9 Sep - 19:53

t'as vu mon

http://alaindumenieu.tooblog.fr/?2005/09/06/55-fontstyle-post-it
????

je trouvais Delvoye trop potache , au début , mais c'est quand même bien , non

( "le rôti est dans le frigo" , écrit sur une falaise 10 mètres de haut ....
peut être ç'aurait été du plus grand art s'il l'avait fait en vrai ....
mais bon , c'est vraiment pas un "puriste" conceptuel , lui ..plutôt le contraire ......)
Back to top Go down
jicer
+1000
+1000
jicer

PostSubject: jicer   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptyFri 9 Sep - 22:07

le potache est servi.
HAHAHAHAHAHA..
mdr

enfin je parlais des postits Pgp oui oui...
et pour tout dire, je pensai a des tag , des graphitie virtuel, sur des murs..
mais suis pas au niveau techniquement et j en veux plus que je ne suis capable de digerer..."isig"

ps: isig , ca veux rien dire
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySat 10 Sep - 0:20

bin revois le code qui dessinait , non ? je te l'avais pas montré celui ci , que j'avais trouvé ????? je crois que oui , je me souviens plus bien scuse ...

...il marchait pas si mal , toi tu dois savoir l'améliorer ...
Back to top Go down
jicer
+1000
+1000
jicer

PostSubject: jicer   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySun 11 Sep - 22:22

t inkiiete pas..
pour le moment les post it , c est dans un post it, dans ma tete ...collé dedans, je n hesiterai a remuer ciel et terre le moment venu, pour le faire sur le parking... mais helas se sera peu etre dans un jour..1 ans...10 ans.. ou plus encore ou jamais car six pied sous terre ya pas d ordi.

pardon si je traduit pas;
( j ai trouver un traducteur instannée gratuit, tu sectionne le phrase en apuyant sur alt et hop ca te traduit...
je vous dis le nom du programme de traduction la fois prochaine,
car je me rapel plus et il es sur l autre ordi.
ca marche impect avec tout type de chat, sauf malheureusement avec
le chat blaxxun, peu etre quelqun saura t il pourquoi?
Comment je fais pour dial avec toi alain, si tu savais le cancre que j etait a l ecole!...
(je me souviens pas du code qui dessine? ou ca?
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp EmptySun 11 Sep - 23:43

Quote :
Comment je fais pour dial avec toi alain, si tu savais le cancre que j etait a l ecole!...
(je me souviens pas du code qui dessine? ou ca?

bin justement , j'en ai plein , j'ai l' habitude ahahaahahhahahahahh !!

lol je dec Smile

bon le truc de dessin , je vais chercher ...

tu as vu ? j'ai mis le truc en anglais , lol , mes gamins vont être perdus ...

c'est parce que j'emmerde tout le monde pour qu'il viennent ici chez Louise et hier j'ai emmerdé un german , un type excellent Erny , de erny.de ......mais tous ils ont du mal avec le français , alors je laisse en anglais pour ce soir lol , demain je re mettrai en français Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Il Primo hall - World of Pjp   Il Primo hall - World of Pjp Empty

Back to top Go down

Il Primo hall - World of Pjp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next