LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le Deal du moment :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème ...
Voir le deal

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.

Go down 
+4
limo48
jacinto
alain
fabricator
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529
Registration date : 2005-04-19

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Mar - 18:20

Quote :

no userinfo file found
gzip OpenError for C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\blaxxun interactive\cache\C__WINDOWS_Temporary Internet Files_Content.IE5_KWSVNSAA_chat_avatar[44].wrl
No error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error
server or network error

by hazard I opened the pad / "console" in french ....

hummmm

I mean that during I am in the chat the puter is still "searching" someting , it always "works " and it is not easy to type .....very not easy ....

reason why I am late to finish to check all , fabricator ........

I have the keyboard pic to draw the differents keys I get ......

I will show here the keyboard original , then what I get when I type .....

but indeed my puter seems always readuy to explode , typing there ...
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-08-28

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar - 6:17

Hmm corrupted file on server, which I fixed now.

I think you need to alter you IE cache settings to check for new version every visit to a page. There was an earlier version which did bad things to the files on the server.

You do know you need to click this alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 French button in 3D ?

At worst there would be a few keys which are wrong, if I know of even one bad key I more likely to find more.

ps: the link between the US and europe seems to be really lossy for me, its possible Alain is seeing the same problem connecting to my server which is in Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vrmlworlds.com
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar - 9:48

well , fabricator , I was afraid that you become angry against me , lol , being very long to finish to check all that ....
Be sure I will do ! Smile

and let me tell you something you will be happy about I hope ....

I guess you heard about http://www.web3d-fr.com/

it is a very great ressource avout web3D and vrml ...

They know me and I write a bit there sometimes ...
One guy spoke about :

Quote :

n°6 Ecrit le: mardi 07 mars 2006, 08:47

J'ai revé ou j'ai entendu parler d'une applet java qui pouvait remplacer tout ce qui est la partie chat et shared events de la version Blaxxun?

( bad ) translation :

"I heard about java applets working instead of blaxxun" etc

So I told about you a bit ( I think that it is/was "allowed" ) :

Quote :

Bon , hummmmmm

j'avais demandé à fabricator , un de "nos" australiens géniaux , de dire pour mes français ce qu'il dit en anglais chez hermetic-cab , www.cyworx.com ....
Il a la gentillesse et le courage de le faire donc en double :

http://louisedesavoie.forumactif.com/viewt...pic.forum?t=969

LouiseForum :: ARTS :: 3D art :: 3D FAQ and News ::
alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. *******

**** si tu parles de ce genre de truc , Laurent ........mais je crois que oui .....

--------------------

the day after the web3d-fr admin swrote :

Quote :

Jean-Michel Ecrit le: jeudi 09 mars 2006, 00:06

Groupe: Administrateurs

Alain, balaize ton chat "full VRML" !!
Plein de solution naissent dans le même genre à droite à gauche, vivement qu'on puisse en utiliser une "officiellement" !!

it means , ( bad ) translation :

"
very great full vrml chat " etc .....

I guess that you will feel good to have news shared like that ..

If I "speack too much " tell me .........

well will try to take time about the keyboard , scuse to be long ....
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar - 10:13

ooops .......here it is :

http://www.web3d-fr.com/foroum/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=2709

and re oops :

Quote :

( bad ) translation :

"I heard about java applets working instead of blaxxun" etc

So I told about you a bit ( I think that it is/was "allowed" ) :

I mean that I told about your "alternative 3D chat " .......I took the opportunity .................
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 4:54

Embarassed I found the problem, the mapping for the lower case keys wasn't done. The uppercase was, perhaps I mucked up by fixing an old version or something.

Try it now, the French keyboard mapping should be right now. Or at least 99% better,

I also fixed problems with avatars not showing etc. It was a nasty bug that one.

The file corruption issue on the server is also fixed. Now to work on adding some real improvement rather than just bug fixing.

edit: lol found another bug in the avatar code, it was causing avatars to not update. Not sure why but removing one if/else statement which ignored updates to own avatar fix the problem.

Now version 8e

Last edited by on Wed 22 Mar - 4:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 7:23

version 8c (the first line in the console should say this)

Fixes all the double post and chat flooding problems, finally darn that was annoying.

Also fixed another problem I created earlier.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 8:11

wowwwwwwwwwww I just got the

Quote :

Alain_dum,

fabricator vient d'écrire une réponse dans le sujet auquel vous êtes inscrit. Titre du sujet: "[visualisation Architecturale] Quels Outils?".
Le sujet se trouve à l'adresse suivante:
http://www.web3d-fr.com/foroum/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=2709
and I am very happy !

And very honnoroud to let think my friends colleague that Louise , my school forum is just a part more on the web to share vrml , just a part more ...not concurence ...

As you know we have some times troubles on blaxxun , between ppl , and I am very happy about the way we work "together" fabricator , scuse to tell that lol .....
But thank you very much ........

Well I go now to "check" your keyboard , great news !!!
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 9:28

well tell me about this first step if it helps :

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 Fabchatmars068gc
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 12:45

hummmm it took time to "draw" the original keyboard ,

how I type "normal" on mine ...

then I will draw what I get when I type in the chat , ok ???

useful ???

the normal one :

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 Clavieroriginal6dq
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Mar - 18:32

OK now I see the problem, it seems something has gone and changed on me.

When I use the french keyboard mapping (via xp settings) and the french mapping in 3d I get qwerty across the top row. Problem is the keys are azerty as you pointed out.

But the english mapping produces the correct codes. Its as if Contact knows which language it is and changes the mapping.

I don't know what changes I need to make to fix this, its all very annoying.

edit: OK looks like I've fixed the problem, try version 8d.

I also noticed the french keyboard has one extra key, I'll need help getting to code for that.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jun - 22:28

blaxxun re down LOL

so I took time to go in yours , fab ,

keyboard seems ok :

azertyuiop^$
qsdfghjklmù*
wxcvbn,;:!

bravo !
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jun - 10:23

Well glad to finally know its working properly now Very Happy

I'll be uploading a new version some time today, its got some minor big fixes. Still lots to work on though.

As for outers... Well it looks like the server has taken a dump again Evil or Very Mad I'm going to see if I can get blaxxun to fix that also.
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Jun - 16:14

New version online now at:
http://www.vrmlworlds.com/games/waterslide/world_chat.wrl

This adds a minimize button, so you don't keep tripping over the chat panel. No real fixes to speak of, the server side code is proving to be troublesome.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Jun - 22:20

I hope you agree that I added that on web3d-fr

http://www.web3d-fr.com/foroum/index.php?showtopic=2709&st=15&gopid=13676&#entry13676

because they must know it !
and it is a right time when blaxxun is down LOL
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Jul - 9:29

Well RL plus some bugs stop development for a while but I've fixed all the outstanding bugs. People are removed from chat if they leave now.

I also fixed a very minor bug in the text input code which caused two copies of the cursor.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySun 9 Jul - 11:30

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 Fabchat090706

works nice .......

bravo !

and .....what about to wear our own avatar ??
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 3:25

Avatar selection needs to be documented, its a real easy system though.

Some minor changes on the server side of things, chatters list still not working properly, but its getting there slowly. It helps when I can remember what I was writing last time Embarassed .

Some other things to do also, I want to to have the default avatar easily changed, so that world builders can use their own.

Another thing to look at is putting the avatar url into the world url, like how Ricks ABNET 2 works. Basically he has normal html pages which allow you to enter an avatar url before entering the world. The vrml is normal files too.

The idea behind that is to have a list of avatars to choose from before entering the world.

I'm taking the weekend of codeing anything, so it will be a while before I can do any of this lol.
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 9:48

I heard on web3d-fr that ab net is version 2 now , will test ......

Funny thazt you write today , fab , because jacinto told us about your chat yesterday ...
I guess he will read here now , so I add here the AB Net link

http://kimballsoftware.com/
Back to top Go down
jacinto
+1000
+1000

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2006-02-21

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 13:59

hello world, (merci alain)
alain wrote:
I heard on web3d-fr that ab net is version 2 now , will test ......

Funny thazt you write today , fab , because jacinto told us about your chat yesterday ...
I guess he will read here now , so I add here the AB Net link

http://kimballsoftware.com/
répétition "
je me demande si vous pouvez me conseiller :

je veux savoir si la mise en oeuvre d'un serveur blaxxun est complexe,
car je voulais présenter à la bibliothèque de mon quartier pour des groupes d'enfants "le parking" http://eol.free.fr/parking/parking.wrl
avec le système informatique de la bibliothèque, et je cherche a leur présenter quelque chose pour 5 utilisateurs sans objet partagé avec un chat simple. voilà mais je ne sais pas trop quel est la meilleure solution, ni comment concrétiser cela.
bref je trouve que ce serait une bonne idée de voir les enfants de ce quartier défavorisé et de pouvoir confronter leur réalité du parking avec le modèle virtuel."
Je suis prêt a acheter un système commercial si besoin.
je trouve le chat de fabricator très bien mais... il semble être un système
no officiel ? et a son unique usage...
le système de peter est en cour de developpement et voici une autre question, quel sont les problème de légalité quand a l 'utilisation de ses chat lier a blaxxun ?
ne vaut il pas mieux acheter une licence 5 users?
pour moi le problème serai la mise en oeuvre du blaxun serveur.. Sad
car le système de blaxunn est très complet et j'ai pas besoin de tout
mais seulement du chat et des avatars (comme le chat de fabricator ou de peter) avec le chat dans une fenêtre distincte comme dans blaxxun.
un truc normal quoi !!
hahahaha
jacinto
automatic translate... Sad
repetition "I wonder whether you can advise me: I want to know if the placement of a waiter blaxxun is complex, because I wanted to present at the library of my district for groups of children "the carpark"
http://eol.free.fr/parking/parking.wrl
with the information processing system of the library, and I seek has to present to them something for 5 users without object divided with a simple cat here but I do not know too which is the best solution, nor how to concretize that in short I find that it would be a good idea to see the children of this underprivileged district and to be able to confront their reality of the carpark with the virtual model."
I am ready A to buy a commercial system if need be.
I find the cat of fabricator very well but... it seems to be a system official No? and its single use... the system of Peter has is in court of development and here another question, which are the problem of legality when has L ' use of its cat to bind has blaxxun?
is not worth it not better to buy a licence 5 users?
for me the problem will be the placement of the blaxun waiter. because the system of blaxunn is very complete and I do not need all but only cat and misadventures (like the cat of fabricator or Peter) with the cat in a distinct window as in blaxxun. a normal trick what!! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 14:37

LOL jicer !!!!!!

si tu achetes un blaxxun un server je suis 100ù% disposé à t'aider là dessus !!!!!!!!

( dans la mesure de mes faibles capacités techiniques )

je pourrai pas trouver meilleur moyen pour emmerder certains !

hahahahahhha

je suis super motivé ! ahahahaa

Je propose même " LouiseServer" comme nom ahahaahhaaha

( chuis con LOL )

Smile
Back to top Go down
jacinto
+1000
+1000

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 22:24

salut , c est pas pour emmerder le monde, c est que dans une bibliothèque avec des enfant de 8 14 ans il est pas possible de fonctionner avec le blaxxun ouvert, aucun animateur soutiendra mon idée.
C est réellement nécessaire d'avoir une solution technique simple et
standalone.
Je sens bien le truc prêt a émerger , mais la collaboration étroite d'ingénieurs et d'enseignants m'est nécessaire.
je trouve que ce serait un système d'avenir pour nos sociétés.

Pour tout te dire et comme tu le sais, je suis techniquement nul et en plus j'entrave kedal à l'anglais.
Smile
acheter un serveur je suis d'accord , mais plein de personnes me disent que ça ne répond pas a mon problème et que ça marcherait pas avec mes connaissances techniques.

jacinto

Last edited by on Sat 2 Sep - 22:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 22:30

ah mais je blaguais , hein , sur " emmerder certains" ...

avoir un server blaxxun , d'u ami ,
ça m'avait bien botté comme idée LOL

bon , n'empêche , c'est faisable hein ...

par ailleurs un truc technique simple , pour se "protéger" sur le serveur blaxx , c'est de configurer la fichier "contact.bxx" de façon à ne pas avoir la liste des autres "mondes" visibles , donc personne peut sauter chez toi depuis la liste .....

C'est ce que fait le World Magic Park par ex .....
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 22:41

Quote :
ah mais je blaguais , hein , sur " emmerder certains" ...

je pensais à certain "petit génie" qui nous a pompé l'air sur blaxxun en laissant entendre qu'il allait faire une alternative au serveur blaxxx

mais on voit rien venir .......

et le seul qui en a fait une c'est fabricator .....

hummmm
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 22:44

Quote :
C'est ce que fait le World Magic Park par ex .....

des trucs style

Quote :
listtabflag 100000000

framesizes 75

ya les références sur blaxx , j'ai ça quelque part ...
Back to top Go down
jacinto
+1000
+1000

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep - 22:45

voila donc une première solution... Smile
tu pourrais m'envoyer le code?
c'est une solution, mais cela n'est pas très légal vis a vis de blaxxun et ne garantit pas le fonctionnement a 100 pour cents...
tu comprends que l'aspect bricolé ne peut être légalement qu'une solution transitoire. Mais intéressante pour voir si cela fonctionne dans une bibliothèque au niveau des enfants. non?

peter, et fabricator sont sur la bonne voie...
fabricator a un truc tres bien mais quelle frain rencontret-il dans le partage ou la vente de son travail?
peter trouve des chose formidable , et je sais qu'il avance tres bien .

Last edited by on Sat 2 Sep - 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.   alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

alternative 3D chat which uses Avatar Studio avatars.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next