LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008

Go down 
+12
tutancamon
X
Findescarrotte
peter le cochon
magnus
Meribastet
legloups
anne dubuisson
jacinto
fabricator
isa
alain
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529
Registration date : 2005-04-19

Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptySat 30 Aug - 14:40

peter le cochon wrote:

Please note, that under this circumstances, the only way for you to be credited as the author of the world, is to use the WorldInfo node. The contents of WorldInfo are being parsed by the system and displayed in a panel that pop's up after successfull world-load. This panel, also can be opened by clicking at one out of several buttons ... lol ... try to find out which button.

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Smile)

http://mixed3d.free.fr/spip/?p=48

Smile)

do you want I help to translate , dj , or is it OK ?

thanxx my Peter Smile)
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptySat 30 Aug - 15:39

Quote :
À l'heure actuelle, il n'existe pas de restriction à tous pour l'ouverture d'un monde

... il vous suffit d'ajouter le monde comme un URL-requête à la chaîne x-3dme Web.

Quelque chose comme:

Code:
http://robotica.3d-check.com?http://my_server/my_world.wrl

À l'heure actuelle, le "guest-monde" sera inscrit sous un nom codé (DXWxxxxxxx). Dans

un proche avenir, les gens seront en mesure de modifier le titre du monde et sa classification ... C'est

maintenant seulement faisable par l'administrateur (Colin et moi, lol) . Nous

pouvons également effacer ou même exclure certaines URL, si nécessaire.

S’il vous plaît , notez, qu'en vertu de ces circonstances, le seul moyen pour que vous

puissiez être crédité comme l'auteur du monde, est d'utiliser le noeud WorldInfo. Le

contenu de WorldInfo sont analysées par le système et affiché dans un groupe pop que

le monde charge. Cela peut aussi être ouvert en cliquant sur un des boutons ... LOL

... essayer de savoir quel bouton.

Dans un proche avenir, nous (Colin "X" et moi) nous pourrons distribuer une installation pour gérer

un serveur , à tout le monde qui veut le transférer à un hôte

distant (comme par exemple ceux qui sont offerts gratuitement par free .fr).

Un serveur , disons pour un monde ou pour un builder, permettra

"low-latency, event-driven server response". ". Notre but est de maintenir tous les
serveurs reliés au x-robot serveur principal, afin de disposer d'une liste centralisée des serveurs et des utilisateurs

, pour éviter la "diaspora" des

chatteurs de la 3D.
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2005-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptySun 31 Aug - 23:39

Very Happy ... hello,

some news about the next generation x-3dme 3d-chat.

Putting together some ideas I did find in the www, and last not least inspired by Fab and Hermetic's cgi2vrml proto I have finished this weekend a test version of a 3d-chat using a slow-load technique.

You will see that it's not very much a 3d-chat (no avatars yet) but the point is that the server response is being received directly by the vrml file, and far more interesting, the server only sends a response once an event has occured ... or just before a timeout (every 28 seconds).

That means :

1) unnecessary traffic is being reduced, compared to other polling solutions.

2) events are being received by the client very fast = low latency

Please try it out and tell me how it works...

.... oups ... you must open the console if you want to read the chat, lol.

http://www.3d-check.com/ajax/asl2vrml

pig
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Sep - 7:56

I could never find any documentation on how to do this sort of thing. I wonder how it copes with lost packets, say from server errors.

The Ajax side of it doesn't work in Firefox, and you need to un-escape the single quotes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vrmlworlds.com
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Sep - 8:41

Thank's for the feedback, Fab.

Yes,the xmlhttprequest object is borrowed from the actual version of the chat, which only was done for MSIE. It will be easy to implement a crossbrowser solution (lot of examples out there).

I have been trying the vrml (downstream) under Cortona... it does not work, lol. Cortona does not seem to admit Protos as an eventIn MFNode.

Another problem is that each of the server-responses is being cashed by MSIE, despite all restrictive headers ... hummm, but if I don't use a different querystring each time, the sytem stops working.

As far as I have been trying (with initially lots of server errors) it's easy to detect and handle a wrong server response, as far as it does not return the expected proto.

Thank's again.

Peter
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Sep - 8:45

pity I go to school Sad
( dont laught plzzz ! )

just time to do that

Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 Ajax1
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyMon 1 Sep - 22:42

Very Happy Thank you all for joining so fast this test... and succeeding to write and read from the chatlog. It would never have worked for anybody not using MSIE and having a CC3D browser as default viewer for it.

There is no handling for different/wrong browsers neither different/wrong viewer (vrml-browser) implemented in index.htm ... so it might have ended up in a frustrating experience for some of you. Sorry for that.

peter le cochon wrote:

--- the xmlhttprequest object is borrowed from the actual version of the chat, which only was done for MSIE. It will be easy to implement a crossbrowser solution (lot of examples out there).

This was more easy to say than to do ... even though it's easy to create a browser-dependent xmlhttprequest, my code is full of other msie-specific code (event-handlers, etc ...) which would take me some time to get them working for other browsers. Not imppossible, but out of scope, by now.

I know how important it is to get things running on different plattforms, and one of my main targets was to have the vrml-part running on Cortona (at least). But ....

peter le cochon wrote:

I have been trying the vrml (downstream) under Cortona... it does not work, lol. Cortona does not seem to admit Protos as an eventIn MFNode.

Not sure why that does happen ... I have tried declaring the proto on top of the world, I am declaring it with each server response again (!) ... but only CC3D seems to be comfortable with that way (declaring it in the MFNode returned by the server). A proto declaration in the root of the scene does not work with neither Cortona nor CC3D.

IFab, I also remember that you did solve somehow the following issue for your cgi2vrml chat :

peter le cochon wrote:

Another problem is that each of the server-responses is being cashed by MSIE, despite all restrictive headers ... hummm, but if I don't use a different querystring each time, the sytem stops working.

I am using all tricks for avoiding Blaxxun and MSIE to cach the server-response, locating the script in a no_cache directory and on the PHP side setting headers that should prevent all sorts of caching, even by proxies :

Code:

header("Expires: -1");
    header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0");
    header("Pragma: no-cache");
    header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");
    header("Content-type: x-model/x-vrml");

For the curious ones (quid pro quo) :

I only did find one usefull reference to "slow load" in the web :

http://www.obviously.com/tech_tips/slow_load_technique

May be I have missed it all, but my interpretation of it all, and the need for an event listener, able to run on a PHP-enebled "home-page" braught me to figure out this fragment of code :

Code:

// ----------- SLOW LOAD waits till changes happen in the chatlog file

for($try=0;$try<=280;$try++){

$temp_fs=filesize("chatlog.txt");

if($temp_fs>$last_FS){

$got_event=TRUE;
                                      break;
                }else{

usleep(100000);
                                      clearstatcache();
                }
    }

// ------------------------------------ END SLOW LOAD

I guess that those "sleeping threads" are not very CPU intensive.

TC all

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
djphil
+100
+100
djphil

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Sep - 14:04

Bonjour,

Hé hé ça bouge ici !

donc si j'ai bien compris, il y a 2 possibilitées

la 1ere c'est avecx-robot en rajoutant le lien de son monde à la suite de robotica ... pour autant qu'on rajoutes worldinfo dans son vrml ... c'est ça ? Faut s'inscrire à qq chose qq part ?

la 2em c'est le chat en ajaxs qui apparement ne fonctionne pas ...

Heuuuu qu'on m'arretes si je me trompe hein !

Si j'ai bien compris aussi, x-robotica proposera prochainement une version de server pour tous ... ?

Par contre ce que j'ai mal compris c'est l'histoire du slow load là ...

En tous cas chouette des news ! thumleft
Back to top Go down
http://digitalconcepts.free.fr/
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Sep - 14:47

djphil wrote:

la 1ere c'est avecx-robot en rajoutant le lien de son monde à la suite de robotica ... pour autant qu'on rajoutes worldinfo dans son vrml ... c'est ça ? Faut s'inscrire à qq chose qq part ?

le worldinfo c'est pas obligatoire ,
c'est juste le bon moyen de montrer ses "crédits"

on peut s'inscrire :
http://mixed3d.free.fr/spip/?p=48

mais pas obligatoire non plus

Quote :
le chat en ajax

Si j'ai bien compris aussi, x-robotica proposera prochainement une version de server pour tous ... ?

oui ça sera ça justement , le truc ajax !!!

( non isa , c'est pas juste pourécurer la vaisselle Smile

Quote :
Par contre ce que j'ai mal compris c'est l'histoire du slow load là ...

moin non plus , pour ça que j'ai pas traduit loooll

et vi tout le monde se bouge en ce moment ,
cool ce sont que des ami en plus Smile)

when all will be ready 100% , I hope "we " will find a good way to
tie all that , to rely , relier .....
Back to top Go down
djphil
+100
+100
djphil

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Sep - 15:27

Bien bien, toutes bonnes nouvelles tous ça !!! cheers

J'ai fais le nécessaire sur x-robotica et ça fonctionne nickel cheers

Merci 1000 fois ! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://digitalconcepts.free.fr/
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyTue 2 Sep - 15:38

merci à X-PeterXXX lol Smile
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptyThu 11 Sep - 8:03

news from jocrisse !!!

http://www.web3d-fr.com/foroum/index.php?showtopic=1754&pid=17102&st=75&#entry17102

btw , not tested by me , LOL
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct - 10:37

what the hell ?????? !!!!!

http://vrml-x3d.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2236150%3ATopic%3A637&page=1&commentId=2236150%3AComment%3A3089&x=1

Quote :
Reply by shadowtraveller 5 hours ago
Warm howdy ya'll. Blaxxun free community worlds are back up again. I guess they finally got the hacking problem fixed. (This is what Klaus had written to me about why it was down.) Now. Will the site continue to stay up...that is the question. I for one, hope it will. Yes. The problem of constant crashing is a big concern so I have changed over to using Bitmanagement and though I do not care for the floating logo if I were not so cheap I would get the program sans logo. Just very happy that Blax is up once again. Hope to see ya'll in the worlds. Smile)
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct - 15:25

ah OK !

Quote :
Reply by Taranis 46 seconds ago
I think Shadowtraveller made a mistake Smile.
She came to outside.revemonde.net

it was just the inside/outside/anyoneside ...oufffff ....

the prob is not to "came to oustside " but to enter LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008   Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaxxun , community , 01 2007 , march 2008
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9