LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le Deal du moment :
Google Pixel 7 5G – Smartphone 6,3″ OLED ...
Voir le deal
316 €

worldbuilder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529
Registration date : 2005-04-19

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: worldbuilder   worldbuilder EmptySun 24 Apr - 13:53

I got that

Date: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:10 am
Subject: define MASTER WORLD BUILDER vivo_cyberhood

Intresting discussion:

Question 1; what makes someone a master worldbuilder?
Question 2; what makes the master worldbuilder different from a worldbuilder?
Question 3; if you could nominate 1 person
(in CT he wrote ...but we could say ..on bxxn ....)

(sure you can nominate yourself), who will it be and why this person?

Anyone dare to kick off?

Jeroen van Oostrom

ziekerdanziek.tk

and you ? interested ???? just for fun Bad)
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: worldbuilder   worldbuilder EmptyFri 6 May - 1:06

I got that , from gojud :

I’ve been reading the threads regarding the merits, qualifications etc for the levels of the world builder titles.

Something that keeps popping up in the thread are the methods used by the builders to create. When I see a piece of fine furniture in a showroom or someone’s home I do not particularly care about what tools they used to build that piece of furniture. The design and the quality of the item speak for themselves. I think we’re looking at the methodology of the building of worlds more than we should be. The designs and craftsmanship of the end product is what the value of the world is to the consumer as it were.

Handcoding is great for some – as is Maya to others – blender to others – spazz to others – etc. No one will ever be entirely comfortable with all methods.

A successful world builder to me is one that can share their skills successfully with a student and create worlds and objects that show above average design and final craftsmanship.
Back to top Go down
X
+200
+200
X

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2005-05-09

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: "Grand Master World Builders"   worldbuilder EmptyTue 10 May - 7:06

Such questions can be objectified into oblivion, but gladly answered by exercising one's personal opinion re a particular community.

As for myself and Alain and some of you, our "worldbuilding" community is les Outres Mondes or Outer Worlds where artists and technicians show their worlds freely in the blaxxun chat environment.

When it comes to builder levels and guilds, I would like to evoke in spirit of the ancient honourary degrees of the Freemasons and apply it to this environment.

SIMPLIFIED OPINION: blaxxun chat is frequented by 2 main types of user (and various morphologies of the two): people who like to look (3D lovers/ about 5-10 percent) and people who love to chat (90-95%).

The question of what is a Master WorldBuilder in this environment is therefore, in my opinion, best answered by who and where and when.

It is judged not only by skills and artistry, but by dedication and tradition.

THerefore the top level of builder in "the Outers" must be called "Grand Master WorldBuilder", and that honour must simply go to thyme. Smile

I have enjoyed the Outers for almost two years and have seen many WorldBuilders and friends of WBs grace this space with worlds reflecting great artisty, skill, and dedication. As for becoming traditions as Master Builders, I feel some have so inspired as to be called such: to name a few whose worthy contributions have been around long enough to claim that honour: Alain, Gil the B, Stigma, Miles Reed, Peter Hansel etc. Smile

Other names come to mind as having mastered three criteria , but have not become traditional (which is almost only a matter of time lol) ie. Griff. Many wonderful builders were showcased at a recent lighythouse contest. but have lacked any pronounced presence in the Outers. ie. "Blowk" etc.

One of the contest organizers, Sarah, whom we know to be an exceptional builder / facilitator and an artist / hostess of monolythic proportions, is something more than a Worldbuilder in a dedicated (dare I say passionate?) traditional sense. A vibrant history indeed! One might therefore view her as "an Honourary Master Builder". Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now "WorldBuilder" can be regarded as an honour in itself. Some can be relatively new (not "Grand" or Master" level) but highly skilled and / or artistic and / or dedicated. Some currently active and excellent Worldbuilders are Anastasia, Peter, Ayiki, Holodoc, Samson. etc. Smile

Omind is still "Honourary" lol-- as another, much more important creation has been keeping him up late nights so that he's only managed to give us one world. Shocked

Newcomers are called WorldBuilders as in "this is what you can be"-- "get used to it". It took me me a year in Cortona and another in blaxxun chat to even dare think of myself as a "Worldbuilder". Even now I like to called myself "technician" in the French sense, whatever the Hell that is! Very Happy

So, then, what is X? (I have no other qualifications other than my age --59 -- but I always make sure it comes down to me in the end, as some well know). Very Happy

Grand Master Borrower, that's me! My worlds are so full of models and avatars and PROTOS and extrusion-generators borrowed non-commercially for all around, how can I even presume to call myself a "WorldBuilder"? So, to me, "technician" is someone who puts things together and makes them work. The rest is all done by computer, which, in the end, is our ultimate "Grand Master WorldBuilder".

So, there are four levels as I see it (with shades in between).

Alain, I am so excited to join your forum that I forgot to drink any coffee,
If you agree that the above "heirarchy" should be subjected to opinion please add any names anywhere that I must be forgetting now-- and the rest of you friends, old and new.

I welcome you! Very Happy

to

Very Happy X

The Oldest and Most Blah Blah Blah Opinionated Guy in blaxxun! Very Happy
and, since, at 59, I have naturally come to believe in myself (where no-one else will Smile ), I cordially invite you to

http://www.cyberhenge.ca

for whenever blaxxun is running (again?)
Back to top Go down
http://cyberhenge.ca
X
+200
+200
X

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: correction   worldbuilder EmptyTue 10 May - 7:14

Correction: Phillip Hansel

where's that coffee!!??? Smile
X
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: worldbuilder   worldbuilder EmptyTue 10 May - 21:36

Here is X : few words , always in the matter Bad)

More seriously I must say that I got many mails from worldbuilders guild , on that matter , some seemed very interesting , I will try to take time to choose the best parts and put them here ...
As you see , X , and other friends , this crazy school forum became a place where we can speak about what we want , lol , and with who we want , may be we will mix together some times Bad)

Thanx to contribute , X , and be carefull if some ppl become too much friendly with you , here , I know that many frenchies want to go to visit Canada Bad) Bad)
Back to top Go down
X
+200
+200
X

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: More comes to mind   worldbuilder EmptyTue 10 May - 22:06

Still on the question of "what is a Master WorldNuilder?".

I hope my use of opinion and familiar names subjectively is effective in answering it. As I said, this approach is not objective and therefore not "witten in stone".

Also, my short one and a half years experience with the blaxxun Outers does limit my qualification to do justice to its builders accurately.

I don't wish to argue over the fine line between my perception of one individual or another as builders, however I know I am either forgetting to or am incapable of mentioning many individuals who have not so often crossed my frame of reference. Jocrisse, Samo, Arrow Bloodshed, Cush, Chups, and many more WorldBuilders for instance, some of whom are considered by some to be Masters themselves.

Arsene has been a wonderful facilitator (and collaborator of Sarah's) who choses, I suspect, to remain in the background and master the underpinnings of the blaxxun system. He was responsible for tooling much of the lighthouse contest framework, and I think, some of the framework for the Venice Carnival etc. I found him a few times frequently in deep French consultation? with some of "my Masters" re plans for this and that He is best known, I believe, for bringing us the dynamic BxChat and Guardian tools via some Sun Java programming. Unlike Sarah, Arsene is not a Worldbuilder persay, I gather, so (but), in appreciation, to my opinionated mind, he could also be firmly recognized as being an Honourary Master Worldbuilder. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So, after examining the question in the light of only my recent esperience with this particular builder community in the past year and the half, I would submit these following WorldBuilder degrees for your consideration:

1. Grand Master WorldBuilder (Mainly Honourary) -- lol thyme!

2. Master WorldBuilder

3. WorldBuilder

4. "Novice" (a "WorldBuilder" in training lol Very Happy -- which doesn't take long in most cases -- lol) Very Happy

...and the Honourary degrees in between.

There's nothing official in this, just a general suggestion of how one might enjoy perceiving the builders.

Hope I didn't "stick my foot in my big mouth". Again. Very Happy

Very Happy X
Back to top Go down
X
+200
+200
X

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: worldbuilder   worldbuilder EmptyWed 11 May - 5:50

My blax chat boxes have been down for two days, so I haven't had a chance to refer to it/

I just realized that I had taken 2 another worldbuilders for granted as their world has become a standard this past year on the blaxxun lists. Vitor and Carmella? Cardosa have treated us to some advanced fun usage of race cars-as-avatars in their beautifully designed Grand Prix race world. I chatted with Carmella, who came across as a precocious youth with an excellent grasp of English typing skills. Considering that, and the fact that she and her elder programmer Vitor have only showcased this one world to my knowledge, I feel they should at least be considered to be Honourary Master WorldBuilders. Very Happy As they are gradually becoming a tradition, only time can tell.

I am laughing because I've met Vitor periodically on line and each time he seemed to sprinkle me with a bit of his magic dust. Good people!

More to say once I can review the recent worlds frequenting the blaxxun list.

Sorry, I'm becoming such a "busy-body" with this little project! Very Happy

Hope you are having as much fun reading this as I am writing it. Very Happy
(whoever you may be) Very Happy You have to understand, that, at 59, I love to tease people as if I were some kind of authority or another. Very Happy I guess at a certain age, any of us can say, "What have I got to lose?" and "It's all good fun!" It's what I do. It's what I am.

When I am in my best of moods, like I am now after this beautiful Spring "day in May", I guess one could say, I am a "goof".

I hope you are feeling goofy these days too! It's Spring! Yaaay! Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy X

Very Happy X
Back to top Go down
X
+200
+200
X

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: Taranis   worldbuilder EmptyWed 11 May - 9:35

Holy Wollickers Taranis!

I just saw your updated website via MEMBERS.

You are hereby knighted Master WorldBuilderer by X the Borrower!

Consider my butt 3-times well-kicked! 1. Shocked 2. Smile 3. Embarassed

well, c'est le(s?) printemps, apres tout!

but really
All the Best, Tar!
X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

worldbuilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: worldbuilder   worldbuilder Empty

Back to top Go down

worldbuilder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum