LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable Gamer ERAZER DEPUTY P60 – ...
Voir le deal
999.99 €

Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff

Go down 
+8
Flav'
X
Realwtl
hermetic
jicer
alain
isa
peter le cochon
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2005-05-28

Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff Empty
PostSubject: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 20:16

Pig's World(s) pig pig pig Le(s) Monde(s) du le Cochon

Introito

I will never forgett when Thyme
asked me once in a chat :

"You're Peter, the spanish World Builder ?"

... i felt like joining the olymp of 3d art.

Thanks again Thyme for that "mental caress" Very Happy

And thanks to all the other builders and master-builders... most of you are now in this crazy forum... it's the mausoleum of world builders?

All of you have been very kind to me and my world.

Thank's a lot !

Merci beaucop !
You will see... I am not that much a World Builder, because I just can showcase one world Embarassed

The Lost At Sea Memorial and his parents

This world is the result of my participation at hahahahihihi Contest 2004 ... Cool

My secret weapon for the contest (hahahaha) was to pack an animated sea and a lighthouse into a tiny file of 7KB + textures and sound ... I succeeded doing that, but it remained a secret weapon, because nobody really appreciated that detail ... Rolling Eyes ...

Well, it was all handcoded with VRML-Pad's demo version... I mostly use script generated indexedFacesSet and extrusions, and also script generated interpolators... no way of doing that with a 3d wysiwyg editor.

The resulting script comes up with tough work for your CPU ... so some systems can't even show the world Sad

Here you can take a look at the final version, presented to the contest :

The Roaring 50s
[url]www.3d-check.com/roaring_50s.wrl [/url]

Well... I delivered an uncomplete work just 15 minutes before shut down, so after the contest I had to finish it - as a matter of honour - and the Lost At Sea Memorial was the result of it.

I added some stuff I had seen on the other contestant's worlds ... Ash's insects became seagulls (i created my own workaround, Ash !)... and someone else's (may be Birch's?) beam inspired the new reflector of the lighthouse.

I also added some statues - revealing the "memorial-status" of the place. They where done adapting and shortening an avatarStudio output and I also added a flame inside the lighthouse... created with 3dsmax.

As some visitors complained about the slow loading of the world, I decided to create some sort of splashscreen... don't try to understand how it works looking at the code, it is a weird thing Mr.Red (Further on I will put a link to a decent splash-screen script...)

The Lost At Sea Memorial
[url]www.3d-check.com/lost/lis_memorial.wrl [/url]

That one was put on chat version ...

Lost At Sea Memorial Chat
[url]www.3d-check.com/lost/multiuser/contact.htm [/url]

However, lot of people running older configurations were not able to run the Lost At Sea Memorial... so - following an idea Gil The Bee gave me - I decided to put online a "precomputed" version, it's a larger download but no calculations have to be done for creating the shapes.

If you have not been able to visualize the "scripted versions" above, just try out this "precomputed one" :

Lost At Sea Memorial for low end configurations
[url]www.3d-check.com/lost/lis_memorial_no_script.wrl [/url]

Ah... this was done just pressing F11 while blaxxun is focused : the actual scene is saved, with all fields set to "runtime values". After that I removed the un-needed scripts from the code and ... done !!! [/i][/b]

Ayiki showed me one day her i-frame chat idea ... whow !!! ... I thaught it was a very good idea ... even more inmersive ... so I put my hands at work ... and did this one :

The Iframe Chat Lost At Sea
[url]www.3d-check.com/lost/lost_precomp/contact_ifr.htm [/url]

The "good for nothing HTML"

Hahah... so, you see ? only one world but several versions ... that's my way of being pig sorry for wasting your precious time.

Now I needed to create a tool that helped people to choose between one of this versions... the result : confusion pushed to the limit !!!

Just check out that link... it needs cookies, pop-up's and javaScript enabled... just a matter of faith and trust Laughing

The Link through the 3d-check page
[url] http://www.3d-check.com/check_v11.htm?http://www.3d-check.com/lost/multiuser/contact.htm,Lost%20At%20Sea%20Memorial,multiuser%20chat%20world,00010100,world_list.htm,help_lost.htm [/url]

Still alive ?? cheers

So now study the 3d-check page and the amount of features hiding underneath ... and just try to use it. Read the help file.... come on !!!

For showing better the use of this, I herby ask all the showcasing builders for permission to include their showcased worlds into a special world list (Louise Forum SE)... just tell me (at peter@3d-check.com).

Snipplets

My dear audience :

This was all about almost the same wrl world ... dissapointed ? Rolling Eyes Embarassed

In addition I just might showcase here some little samples, mostly about vrmlScript... may be some of them are usefull for the newbies of vrml ... or just for fun (no art at all) :

Splashscreen Sample
[url]www.3d-check.com/misc/ladewelt.wrl [/url]
Experimenting with Blaxxun's extended nodes

Point-Set[ (1,2 kb)
[url]www.3d-check.com/misc/pulsar.wrl [/url]
just pointset spheres ...

Pain in the a.. Cone
[url]www.3d-check.com/misc/pathfinder.wrl [/url]
move the green cone ... the red one will follow
(based upon tigre mompracen's idea ... but this one is working Razz )

The Isolated Oceano-Genesis
[url]www.3d-check.com/misc/vague.wrl [/url]
It's just the sea-script of the Lost... bla... bla

Okay, that's all folks !!!

Thank's for allowing me to showcase.

Dum-Dum pirat Alain : now you can remove the "Hi There" subject from this section... it's not showcasing nothing ... just that I love You and Isa1 (not as much as Pam, but almost ... )

Please ask me as much as you want to... it makes me feel important and therefore I love to help people making some code for them Wink

Bissoux a tout le monde

pig

Last edited by peter le cochon on Sun 20 Feb - 14:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
isa
+2000
+2000
isa

Number of posts : 7076
Registration date : 2005-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 20:57

hihi .... peter Smile)

I owe you kisses chuuuuttt ........ oxbo is not well-informed Smile thank you Peter
happy the 3d hihi ... mdr....

Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff Bouche_10

flower isa
Back to top Go down
http://isaworld.free.fr/site/
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 21:01

Very Happy what a sweet kiss, ma joli fleur des primtemps ...

pig
Back to top Go down
isa
+2000
+2000
isa

Number of posts : 7076

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 21:02

Quote :
ma joli fleur des primtemps ...

Embarassed Embarassed

merci peter Smile

flower isa
Back to top Go down
http://isaworld.free.fr/site/
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 21:22

Quote :
Still alive ??

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Peter I love you !

lol it is a way to write , une manière de parler , of course ...
but it is a great text you wrote , I understand now why it took 2 months to be done Bad)
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 21:26

well ... not two months ... but 3 hours hacking upon the small editor frame of your crazy forum Twisted Evil

pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 22:53

oki lol , peter .............

well I will have many things to say here .....many ....
I hope I will get time and find the time ....
I begin with that :

I wanted , or I want to copy all your hand coding for vague.wrl , here ,

I saw it 6 months ago ...........at this time I didn't knew you , never met ...

but may be it is enought good to have this part , coz the names :

Quote :

DEF mephisto TimeSensor {loop TRUE cycleInterval 65 enabled TRUE }
DEF chaos PositionInterpolator {key[0, 0.5, 1] keyValue [4 1 7.2, 4 3 7.2, 4 1 7.2]}
DEF chronos TimeSensor {loop TRUE cycleInterval 30 enabled TRUE }
DEF helios CoordinateInterpolator {key [] keyValue []}

ROUTE life.xyz_points TO ola_coord.point
ROUTE life.pt_index TO ola.set_coordIndex
ROUTE life.xyz_interp TO helios.keyValue
ROUTE life.keys_helios TO helios.key

ROUTE chronos.fraction_changed TO helios.set_fraction
ROUTE helios.value_changed TO ola_coord.point

ROUTE mephisto.fraction_changed TO chaos.set_fraction
ROUTE chaos.value_changed TO cacho_mar.scale

when I saw that , just after the contest , I thought :
" O my God , but who is this crazy guy ??!!!!!!!! "

scuse but it is the truth ...
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 23:04

I tried to mix the Hi there stuff and this showcase , but it was not good , the early posts were on top ...
Indeed I don't want to delete these "Hi there" posts , how we could cut one of our arms , peter ??
so I will find a solution , wait , here nothing is deleted , we live upon our old skins ....
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 23:06

here is the new title : is it ok ? "Pig's archives stuff Bad) "
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 23:26

I agree : It only could be a dangerous maniac ... or just someone who went out of names for his DEFs ... hahaha

dwarf
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptySun 10 Jul - 23:42

hummmmmmm hihihih
just before you posted that I was in your "vague" , wathching it and really
in it ....I changed several times the position , in EXAMINE mode and then , after a moment I thought , o my god but is is random .....
I went to the script and I found that :

Quote :

for(xx=0; xx<8; xx++){
var x = xx*12;
for(zz=0; zz<48; zz++){
if(x==0 || x==12 || x==84 || x==72){
randnr = 0;}else{
randnr = Math.random()*0.3;
}

so ....it is ......
Of course I don't need or want polemics about vagues , but I saw mars making a good one , I wait him since ages that he enters in the showcase by imself , but I asked him to show here his sea and it is in the 3D gallery , I hope you saw it , peter , it is a good work , but not a script , coordinate interpolators , but working well .....

Well you know , I opened LouiseForum to work for school , and after a moment my idea was : why not having the builders showing their artworks , and us being able to speak about ...
Not , of course to tell this one is better than this one , but to share about :
how you did it , why you made it like this , etc etc ..
an example ? a wave is random in real , I agree , Peter , Bad)

well next time I will tell how I was unable to enter you world easily , just before the vote , except on the better Asheanor's PC , and it was not a good condition to see it ....
then I want too to tell something about your loader stuff , not sure if many ppl saw it .......
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyMon 11 Jul - 0:08

Dear Dum-Dum pirat :

Nice to discuss that sort of stuff ...

The basics of my sea were these :

A wave in ocean has got a shape not like a sinus wave or something like that (I mean not with symetric shoulders) : there is one almost vertical face in the moving direction of the wave and one more flat descendent face on the backside (mars also saw it that way, but he went even more far and built the breaking crest of the wave).

That shape moves constantly in one direction, let's say forward.

And like we learned in physics (ehemm ... helooo Dr. Moritz!!!) the wave moves forward but not the mass of water ... it stays almost at the same position... so the noise (the little randomized waves at the water surface and the caustics-texture) remain at one point.

After testing I even found out that it looked best if the noise moves in the opposite direction ... like driven by the wind against the waves.

So, the random is for the noise at water surface ... the basic shape is set in one field of the script ... i guess <MFFloat y_ola> or so and ...

Well, the rest I'll tell you if you come up with another smart question Smile

Bone nuit I don't want that

pig

Ah ... demain je part dans le sud ... a+ mes amis ...
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyMon 11 Jul - 1:15

have a good journey , I will take that day to try to bring Thyme here , ther are some mathematics here , aren't ?

( remember , peter , to catch Thyme : mathematics ; girls : some diams ,
etc , life is not so complicated than many want to tell us )

( and stop to name me "dumdum" or I tell all the truth I know , to Pam , lol )
Back to top Go down
jicer
+1000
+1000
jicer

Number of posts : 1808
Registration date : 2005-07-10

PostSubject: jicer   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyMon 11 Jul - 23:53

juste un bonjour
un saludo
jacinto
Back to top Go down
hermetic
10/20

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2005-05-14

PostSubject: waves for the world   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyTue 12 Jul - 8:31

Hi Mr. pig !

I must say that I visited your waves and was not too much impressed first, but if that is
really no static animation, but a randomized-REAL-WAVES script, your king! (or king-of- pig 's if you like Mr.Red )

Quote :
and therefore I love to help people making some code for them
Shure I'm very interested in waves as you can see on my pirates.wrl, sadly your right that real animating the waves might be too much for a wrl working on most PC's
(especial if there are so much more things in it like working ships etc.).
So I search for a way to make a best pseudo-waves that is not much machine-power consuming but real looking too.
If you have such in your hold, tell me, I'll like to plunder that!! pirat
http://www.cyworx.com/worlds/piratez3/piratez55.wrl

I also have not seen a good not-static wrl solution for the little foam-waves that outrun on a beach (well icity might have some, but I fear them static built), and shure I have so much still not resoveld questions in pirate wrl about waves, wind, sails, vector-math, ~rocking? ships.
A not-ending work and
a hell of physics!!
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyTue 12 Jul - 9:08

How the waves comes to the Djelle's island ( the one with the shared thunder , you know , I gorget the title ) it is very good , but another question of course ...
The one Mr stranger wrote , ( I say that without polemic ) is another aniamtion ..

Each time the question is to start from real to go to vrml ...
As I met griff yesterday , and as I told him to come here to read about what said peter about his wave , I can add that :
I had that idea to have a showcase where we could talk about such things .
I am not sure that it would be only for builders .
For instance when griff will comme here , I know that he will come with a garden , I saw 2 great ones he made , one is very closed and romantic , it would be great to look at the courtyard made Donza , too , she had another very large space ..Same sort of place , different space , all these things are artistic choices ,
huummm I am not sure to be clear , lol , as always , what I mean is :
have a place to talk about aesthetic and vrml , by God !!!!
And here it is ! lol ...On Louise ! hhihihi
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyWed 13 Jul - 19:18

Mhhhh, Herm ... I'm afraid I will remain a common pig for the rest of my life :

There are no real-randomized-waves in my script, just the y-coords of the mesh are randomized for getting the noise at water surface, and all what you see "on stage" (the main waves and the noise) is just an animated IFS... even the varying height of waves is not randomized Shit , it's scaled by the keyValues of a scalar interpolator.

Anyhow, let me say once more : even the shape and frequency of the waves at sea aren't really randomized, nor is their size ... observe the ocean, you'll see what I mean Very Happy

butbutbut ... hey!!! ... you SHOULD BE IMPRESSED by my sea ... arghhh ... no? ... Rolling Eyes

Alaiiiiiiinnnn ... Isaaaaaaaa ... look what Hermetic has said Sad Crying or Very sad Sad Crying or Very sad

blackeye

Bissoux

pig
Back to top Go down
Realwtl
+1000
+1000
Realwtl

Number of posts : 1920

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyWed 13 Jul - 20:13

"Each time the question is to start from real to go to vrml ..."

I started from vrml to go to real Smile
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyThu 14 Jul - 17:30

Realwtl wrote:
"Each time the question is to start from real to go to vrml ..."

I started from vrml to go to real Smile

I like that , Real , I will open a topic for that , or may be another LouiseForum , a LouiseForum II , it needs all a new forum to talk about what you "answered" , Real ...

But I have no time for the moment , scuse ...

I started just after Peter wrote , in a .......mmmm ... in a I don't know whitch crazy researchs !!!

Was in Hell ......!

I have many waves , you know , Peter , arggg lol , yours , one from mr stranger , one from gael , the one from mars , one from djelle , midgard , and I can retrieve some from icity as said Hermi ...
I do like to look at how they are made , to look at the handcoding ...
But I am not specialised in waves lol , and you know why , lol ...

So , plz just let me answer that your wave is wonderfull , that

I saw Steph writing
Quote :
Pour rajouter plus de réalisme à l'uniformité de ces vagues il suffit de remplacer la ligne concernant le "vg.height[j*zdim+i]=" de la fonction "timer" par :
vg.height[j*zdim+i]=Math.cos(Math.random(i) *j+value);
about another one than yours ....

Let me say
that you you have a random y-coords ,
that you are the best spanish german pig I know , that I would be very impressed meeting you in some ocean , and happy too , because I have 39 ° Celcius here near the puter...
And more impressed if isa was here too , in the wave I mean eeeeeeeeeepppp...

But don't bore her , plz , peter , with Math.floor or Math.random , she has enought to do with her small family lol ...

No prob , she can't read that , nor oxbo , lol eeeeeeeeeeppp

Vive le 14 juillet peter , Vive la Révolution !!!
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyThu 14 Jul - 17:57

Mais oui !!! Salud y Revolución !!! Mr.Red

pig
Back to top Go down
hermetic
10/20

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2005-05-14

PostSubject: randomized   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyFri 15 Jul - 15:35

LOL sorry pig !

haha, I even had a pork-steak yesterday! lol yummy! ARRR! pirat
(if it's an on-the-fly-computered wave height, no matter if it's randomized, it's a great work. But do really waves have static-surfaces?!?)

anyway, right , Vive la Révolution !!!

(which? french, hundereds of years ago, spain before francofacists crushed it? Or
is there another revolution ongoing in france or spain yet in sunshine of 39°?)

Yup Alain, good idea and if you start a new board, hope that search-function is working,
may it be in 39° +- , lol!
sunny
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyFri 15 Jul - 20:09

who do you are searching , peter ? and to do what ?

pale
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyFri 15 Jul - 20:16

well , Peter , one time hermetic said to me something to improve the forum , and I has to sais that we are just hosted by "forumactif.com"...
I am not a pig to set up such things by myself .....

I am just a poor art teacher .. Bad(

I tried phpb but I was lost in the first step , having a Myslq machin chose
Bad(

alain wrote:
.................to build my forum from
......www.forumactif.com/

There is not a lot of advertising here (I hate that ) , I accepted too to build a blog with toolblog , they advertise just for toolblog ...
Skyblog is a pity , the pupils are all there , they eat a max of advertising
( "is your penis too small ?" , "probs with acné ?" etc etc ...pity )

Well , I wanted to build that , on my school server :

http://www2.ac-lyon.fr/etab/colleges/col-01/ldesavoie/forum/install/install.php

But it seems that I have no Database , I dont know what to do , where it is etc etc ...

Last edited by on Fri 15 Jul - 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyFri 15 Jul - 20:21

Oh... mon pirat ... I guess you are answering Hermi's post ... Wink

But if you ask : ... I am searching just an image to put upon the vague_2 ... hold the line, I'll brb

Bissoux brother

pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff EmptyFri 15 Jul - 20:38

look at my post above , lol , we crossed Bad)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff   Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Pig's World(s) and other confusing stuff
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next