LouiZeForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LouiZeForum

3D vrml

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  3Dchats / forums3Dchats / forums  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

3D chats alternatives 2008

Go down 
+6
peter le cochon
isa
magnus
Findescarrotte
tutancamon
alain
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
JosephDudule
10/20
JosephDudule

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-12

3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 2:54

Ceux qui s'intéressent au développement du Chat de Lutèce peuvent en avoir des nouvelles ici

Last edited by JosephDudule on Thu 19 Jun - 4:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2005-11-07

PostSubject: :-)   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 5:50

Yes, I got carried away with spreading the news Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.spafon.com/Welcome
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

PostSubject: :-)   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 7:46

I posted this on another forum. Just some thoughts:

3D Chat is not Virtual Reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this line from another blog. Virtual Reality, in my humble opinion, should be doing something that you could not ordinarily do in real life. Otherwise, it's just another form of chat. There are enough of those. But, let's face it, most people want chat. I prefer to build places that are unique and non-existant at this time in Real Life. In most of the places I go, though, the biggest activities are dance clubs and on SL, Bingo! What's virtual about that? Except in the literal translation. That being said, the most effective forms of 3D MU Servers will be ones where the user can download, install, click and go. That kills off some of the blaxxun alternatives. VR Space, for example, requires MS Java or it will not work. Can't see the casual user being willing to switch in between Java & MS merely to go places & chat. We have to remember that alot of us on these boards are developers, builders and experimenters. That encompasses a small group of people who are willing to tweak software or host files to use these alternatives (Have fun explaining to some users where to find them and then explaining about hidden files and folders in Windows ). Some of the most memorable people I've met in BXX were chatters though, and they want it simple. Take for example ABNET. It is an excellent alternative, but nobody likes the logo in BS Contact, which is what it requires, as does BS Collaborate. The alternatives are there and are hopefully coming in improved forms. Hopefully they will be as simple & cleaner and more stable than Blaxxun. Lets not forget the people who are happy chatting and end up becoming a "developer elite" in the process.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2005-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 8:53

Very Happy ... I guess I share 100% of your thaughts, Omind.

I will add a bit more, remarking how important vrml is in all that :

I'm not a prolific builder, but it amazes me how much good vrml worlds are out there in the web, one could discover a few new good old worlds every day, and how much very good new worlds are still being created (good examples here at LouiZe) today, long after VRML was deadlined.

So, talking about vrml-based 3D chat I would say that I welcome every new development (there are a lot!) and evry existing plattform that is being kept alive and may be improved by it's owners.

Despite the logo (which hopefully will dissapear) and some issues regarding it's rendering results (may be just affecting my laptop and some worlds), it's also good to know that Bitmannagers are still working and developingon a cc3d based vrml viewer. May be one day I reinstall it... lol

If Blaxxun ever decides to generously donate it's Contact 5.1 or 5.3 to the comm, that would be the best news.

Have a nice day.,

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

Number of posts : 23529
Registration date : 2005-04-19

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 9:13

me too , 100 d'accord Smile

we need a place ( or several ? ) to build , develop , play , meet , chat ...

with no logo , no banners , no shit stuff ..

I just wonder if that is possible for free ..

and second ... I wonder who is ready to pay a bit to have such place ...

by the way , I am ready to buy some new shoes when the one I have are destroyed ..

as I said I pay here on LouiZe to not having the shitty banners ...

I wonder why the 20? ..30 ?? guys we know are not able to be together to have the right solution , or right solutions
( even with some money for ?? )

on another hand , ..may be the fun/ the challenge for all of us is to have that for free Smile
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 19:44

I have to point out to people that BS Contact is really the only choice if you want better avatars than a Avatar Studio junk. Only BS Contact has proper H-Anim support and fully working script nodes, and lots of other nice improvements like better looking text.

The logo does vanish, Rick has a license to remove it from any worlds he hosts. Its just a shame the ABNet wasn't written to load externally hosted worlds as Inlines or something.

The logo in BS Contact serves only one purpose, to prevent big companies and those that make real money from using it for free. Authors who make no money from it shouldn't have to put up with the logo, Bitmanagement have announced they plan to correct this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vrmlworlds.com
peter le cochon
+1000
+1000
peter le cochon

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2005-05-28

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 19:59

fabricator wrote:
I have to point out to people that BS Contact is really the only choice if you want better avatars than a Avatar Studio junk. Only BS Contact has proper H-Anim support and fully working script nodes, and lots of other nice improvements like better looking text.

That sounds good to me, Fabricator.

fabricator wrote:
The logo in BS Contact...

... Bitmanagement have announced they plan to correct this.

That also sounds good to me. If they care a bit what is being said here and in other similar forums, they should do so asap.

Peter pig
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 20:08

well ..thanx for the annoucements , fab

btw I am , may be , a bit too much sentimental ,
but I will never forget that these guys had the idea to waste all our art works with a stupid floating logo .

during years .

thats a fact

on the other hand nobody's perfect LOL
Back to top Go down
Omind
+100
+100
Omind

PostSubject: :-)   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 21:21

They have made improvements in that area. Version 7's logo has been reduced to a small circle logo instead of the big floating one. Personally, the floating logo has never bothered me that much
Back to top Go down
alain
fondateur
fondateur
alain

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 May - 21:32

Omind !

I hope that you know I love you LOOOLL

as I love isa LOOL

but when she makes printscreens or when you made some ,

some times we have the logo on Sad

imagine La Joconde with a logo of coca cola !

scuse , I am nervous about that , lol sorry to bore all about ..

btw ..iff they begin to make their logo tiny as a small circle ,

I hope they will make it tiny as a shit of flee .. or smaller .......
Back to top Go down
fabricator
+200
+200
fabricator

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2005-08-28

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 May - 3:46

alain wrote:
Omind !

I hope that you know I love you LOOOLL

as I love isa LOOL

but when she makes printscreens or when you made some ,

some times we have the logo on Sad

Ah there is a trick, take a second screenshot a few seconds later, and edit the two together to rub out the logo. Another way is to wait for the logo to cover an area with flat colour, for example the black background.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vrmlworlds.com
jacinto
+1000
+1000

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2006-02-21

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 May - 12:46

alain wrote:

imagine La Joconde with a logo of coca cola !

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D chats alternatives 2008   3D chats alternatives 2008 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

3D chats alternatives 2008
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3